The Pump Truck Operator/Driver is a member of E.C. Babbert Field Operations Team. The Candidate is the liaison between our Service Department and the customer. The candidate is responsible for safely operating a company pump (service) truck and driving to various locations in a ten (10) county area surrounding Fairfield County to service/pump septic tanks, grease traps and car wash pits.
- Possess very good customer service skills – greet & interact, meet or exceed customer expectations. Effectively present information to customers or other employees.
- Have well-groomed and neat appearance. Always wear uniform or apparel identifying you as an E.C. Babbert, Inc. employee.
- Valid Driver License with a Class CDL “A” or “B” (no endorsement necessary). Be insurable
- Understands how aerator works, different working components of the unit and 110 electrical
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and perform these operations using units of American currency, measurement, weight, and distance.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Regardless of the type of pumping/vacuuming required, provide professional service to customers at all times.
- Comply with rules and regulations at disposal locations. Septic is to be emptied daily, before shift end, at assigned location. For grease disposal, follow Manager’s instructions.
- Perform daily pre & post trip inspections (all fluids, tires, etc.) Give paperwork to Manager
- Confirm all supplies and tools are in good condition and are on the truck
- Ensure the appearance of the truck, inside and out, is professional at all times. Perform routine cleaning and maintenance as instructed.
- Complete Service Request forms for mechanical or large repairs
- Observe and note defective septic system components on paperwork
- Discuss and recommend adequate service frequency with the customer
- Notify the customer, in writing, of any unsatisfactory conditions observed
- Comply with all federal, state, and local laws applicable to position and employment
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and expectations
- Productively and positively contribute to the company’s goal of maintaining a safe, healthy, productive and enjoyable workplace and work environment
- Accurately and honestly completes all paperwork (including time cards and time sheets), inspection forms, checklists, vehicle pre-trip/post-trip inspection forms, etc.