E.C. Babbert, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Pre-Cast concrete products for over 60 years in the Central Ohio area. We are searching for the position of a Commercial Lift Station Plumber and Maintenance personnel which includes, but not limited to: Confined Space Entrant for new installations, renovations of existing sewage, storm water lift stations, and maintenance/emergency services calls (on call duty) of existing lift stations. Specifically, this position is responsible for safely operating a company service truck with a knuckle boom and driving to various job sites and locations in the Central Ohio area.
- Ability to plumb piping, valves & different type of fittings into lift stations & manholes
- Confined space entry training.
- Entering/Exiting structures will require the use of a tripod, body harness, atmospheric testing monitors, fall retrieval devices and winches.
- Must have a valid Driver License and a clean driving record
- Must have the ability to lift 75lbs.
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, draw a valid conclusions and correct them with little supervision.
- While performing the normal duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions
- All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided by the company.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Confined Space entry training is required or will be trained in.
- Entering/Exiting manholes with the use of tripod, fall retrieval device, body harness, gas monitor & proper PPE.
- Safely operating a company service truck to various job sites with ability to operate a knuckle boom.
- Rigging Safety, Lockout/Tagout, PPE, & Hazard Communication.
- Ensure the appearance of the truck, inside & out, is professional at all times. Perform routine cleaning and maintenance as instructed.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and expectations to assure safety at all times
- Productively and positively contribute to the company’s goal of maintaining a safe, healthy, productive and enjoyable workplace and work environment
- Previous work experience in plumbing and various hand tools required for this type position.
- Basic electrical knowledge a plus.