The Project Manager of the Precast Sanitary, Storm and Water Division is an integral member of the Sales Team. In this role, the Project Manager will prepare timely and accurate cost estimates for a wide variety of standard and custom precast products including, sanitary and storm manholes, storm catch basins and curb inlets, water meter pits, walls and other custom concrete products as required. This role also requires Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) submittal drawings for customer or engineer’s approval, including all reinforcing steel and other details per job requirement.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD), such as AutoCAD and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret civil plans and specifications to determine scope of work.
- Ability to develop and implement measurable goals, objectives, and procedures on a broad range of customer projects as well as internal initiatives as needed.
- Ability to prioritize deadlines for multiple jobs; keeping an open line of communication with all customers, management and other sales team associates.
- Work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail at all times while preparing timely and accurate cost estimates for all precast concrete products.
- Strong analytical, organizational and documentation skills
- Experience in developing budgets.
- Ability to conduct all business with a strong sense of professionalism.
- Awareness of sales objectives with an intense desire to exceed those goals.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide sales support to walk-in and call-in customers.
- Takeoff information from civil engineering plans and input to estimating and production software.
- Conduct ongoing research to obtain data on labor costs, materials and production (lead times, manufacturing process time, and seasonal curing time)
- Work directly with customers to identify and define project requirements and timelines.
- Complete quote submittals by studying contract plans; updating specifications, identifying and projecting costs for each precast style from contract document elevations.
- Check and analyze production drawings (detail and assembly drawings).
- Prepare estimates by gathering information and requirements; planning, monitoring, quoting, reviewing specifications and setting priorities between multiple jobs.
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials and negotiating price; including any freight outsourcing as needed.
- Coordinate with plant managers on stock items in inventory before job processing.
- Prioritize goals and objectives, adhere to deadlines and recommend and implement solutions for changes and improvements.
- Analyze production drawings, detail and assembly. Locate drawings and specifications if not provided by customer. Prepare/obtain all paperwork, including proposals and production releases.
- Monitor and track progress of project, from inception to completion, and handle any issues that arise throughout the process
- Invoice delivered projects and jobs in progress utilizing Titan 3000.
- Uphold the highest quality of customer service; resolving problems, completing audits, determining improvements and implementing change if necessary.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Attend in-house meetings to present job status and any updates.
- Actively solicit upcoming project planning and bidding from the Builder’s Exchange site.
- Maintain safety by adhering to organization standards.
- Perform periodic job site visits to assist in field works as needed.
- Assist in year-end reporting.
Education and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a similar field is preferred; or the candidate must possess equivalent combinations of technical training and experience.
- Experience with Titan 3000 Software is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in estimating and project management in the Precast Concrete Industry.
- The Project Manager of the Utility Products Division may have to spend long hours sitting, Utilizing Computers and office equipment. There is the potential for light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- May be required to visit certain jobs sites in various weather conditions to problem solve, check job status and/ or meet with subcontractors or customers.